I want to prove Dwight's lament to be true about "they don't make appliances like they used to". The door was rusted through. It did smoke from the back side one time after I had defrosted it. But other than that, it just keep chugging, using up electricity. Oh, yes, there were the occasional power outages or in the rare case when someone was eager to get ice cream and left the door ajar. But that wasn't the freezer's fault.
We purchased the freezer over 50 years ago from the retail Monkey Wards store in Olympia. Good brand! The gold color matched everything else in our 1960s new home.
Plain white........
Motivation for the replacement? A friend was moving and was selling their freezer.....cheap.
Nice winter home for those berries.....We'll see if there is any difference in the Puget Power bill.
5 comments:
I know where to come when my shelves are empty! Doesn't it feel good to have food tucked away for the months ahead. I can't believe your Monkey Ward freezer lasted that long.
May you enjoy the spiffy, newer freezer, and retire the old gold with honors.
I can totally relate! My motto is "if it's not broke don't fix it" but, come on! Die, old appliances, Die!
I forgot the part about PSE giving us $35 for the old freezer.
Mary Lynn thinks that you just painted the yellow one.
Post a Comment