Wednesday, August 22, 2012

This Old House Part I

We suspected that we had an ant problem before we left on our trip.  This is the pile of "ant dust" that we discovered upon our return.

First Bob made a tidy hole in the siding and killed hundreds of ants, but the wood particles continued. Then he resorted to removing the gutter and really getting into the siding.

 The black spots are where the ants died and fell to their fate.
We found this monstrous hill in the back woods.  The sack of ant poison shows the comparison of size.

Ants up close and very busy.  Hope we got them all!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Yuck! I can't believe the damage those little guys can do. Guess it just goes to show what little guys can do when they join together.

Joleen said...

Water & bugs! A homeowners worst nightmare. I think I have a few firecrackers if you need them....