Sunday, July 12, 2009

A Busy Week

Kid survival.

Bob is back at the house painting job. The garage door side is complete and he has since started the patio area. He is doing a great job!


On July 4th we could find only a small handful of berries that were rip to eat. By Wednesday, I could not keep up even though I picked steadily every day. The temperatures have been rather warm and that didn't help any.
From patch, to box, to refrigerator, to jam.
On Saturday Ben came bringing this HUGE drill bit to go through the brick. Then he fed all of the TV wires through the hole to hide them from view. Very nice!
While his dad was working on the TV, Joel learned how to climb on the tractor. He couldn't quite get the ear muffs on straight. But never fear, to him it was right and he was happy.
On Friday, the dog chased a chipmunk. Finding the back door open, he made his getaway through the kitchen, down the hall and into the back bedroom. The bedroom got dismantled trying to find the critter with the help of an excited Beagle hound. "Chip" made his exit the same way he came in.
In the process of putting the room back together, I did some deep cleaning and came across Joleen and Shannon's pathetic Barbie collection. Broken feet were mended with tape and some were apart at the waist. I decided it was finally time. Taking the shoebox with remanents inside, I deposited it in the garbage. I'm trying to do that separation thing.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Great pictures - busy week! Joel looks like one happy boy, whether it is holding his baby sister or on the tractor. Life really doesn't get much better.

Anonymous said...

You did what??!!!!! I can't believe you didn't call before depositing in the garbage! How could you?

Elizabeth said...

Eat some raspberries for us, will you? They are beautiful, as is your picture at the top. What a variety of things happening at your house. Isn't there a saying about those who don't let any flies land on them? However, you lost a wonderful opportunity to have Chip/Dale? for a pet. Better luck next time.