Ten years ago Ross planted a grove of very small birch trees. And when they grew taller and could reach the sky, the leaves made a rustling sound, almost like music, any time even a breeze would blow. The bark was a beautiful white.
January 2012 brought unusal heavy snow followed by freezing rain which caused the tall birch trees to bend to the ground and some even to snap and break.
After evaluating the breakage, we determined the best thing was to take them down completely and start over. So after Bob cut them at the base, he cut each log into firewood lengths.
Now it is neatly stacked undercover ready to keep us warm next winter.
3 comments:
Renewable resource, for sure. The story is well documented. Love the sound of the leaves, but they didn't love the ice.
Ah, the cycle of life, even in your Birch trees. I think I must be approaching the trees after the winter storm, but I intend to resist the firewood stage for several years.
Post a Comment