Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It Was a Happy Day


On Sunday we celebrated birthday number 42 for Joleen.  She is a continual amazement as she meets life head on. We value her determination.  And she had read 8 volumes of The Work and the Glory in the last 2 months!  What if she would have had to wait a year in between volumes?  Low traffic at an open house has been put to good use!  Keep smiling, Jo.  And know how much we love you.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

As I remember, Jolene's was the birth day that was postponed so that the house would be finished enough to live on. As I recall, your mother had a force of will going on. Those pioneer stories of house building should be written down. Happy birthday, Joleen! And many more.

Ann said...

Happy birthday, Joleen! I just remember how excited your mother was to have a little girl. I hope you had a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Thank-you all, it was a great day, spent with family. As someone before me once said, I'd rather be 42 than pregnant....

Shannon said...

Ha! Joleen-I've seen this look on your face so many times...it says "I can't believe you are so goofy to actually say (or do) that!"
Happy Birthday, my sissy, as late as this wish is.
Love, Shanny