Thursday, October 23, 2008

THE PUMPKIN PATCH




Joel is ready to go!






Dad & Joel heading toward the pumpkins



















Joel searched and searched for the perfect pumpkin.................







Look Mom I think I see one......







Doesn't this pumpkin look good?








PLEASE!!! Can we get this one??






Joel had so much fun picking out the perfect big, round, and very dirty pumpkin.









Joel even met some friends. He would have left with them if we would have let him.







We had such a fun time taking Joel to the pumpkin patch. We ended up with three pumpkins, some dirty shoes, and a day we will always remember.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

What a little sweetie. It seems like just yesterday that we took Grace for the first time. It is now a family tradition that is second only to cutting down the Christmas tree.

Anonymous said...

I kept expecting to Snoopy to rise from the pumpkin patch and play with Joel! Your experience, along with the pictures, make a delightful and memorable story. I fell like we got to go along.
Welcome aboard to the family blog! With such a fun subject matter, I am sure there will be many more. Thank you!

Joleen said...

Pumpkin hunting is so much fun. Now a days, they have much to see and do at pumpkin patches. We always grew our own when we were little. It wasn't quite the adventure to pick them out, but we seemed to have more of them. And didn't we wait and do it the day of Halloween? Remember when Jay took a jack-o-lantern and "hovered" it outside a window and moaned to Ben, "The pumpkin doesn't have a body?" Good times.

Joleen said...

By the way, what is Joel going to be for Halloween? You guys are going to have soooo much fun trick or treating with him this year.