Wednesday morning I returned from my walk while Bob was still on the trail. The wind blew but nothing out of the ordinary. I was talking with Dwight on the phone when I heard the whumph sound that only a falling tree can make. Upon my investigation in the back woods, I found these rotted tree roots sticking up in the air instead of in the ground.

The roots are pretty rotten....and while you can't tell from this, it did leave a big hole in the ground. Below are the three trees that came down. The biggest one is the moss green you can barely see in the background.
Thursday night was the night of the BIG wind storm. Gusts up to 60 miles. Nothing came down on its own accord. But Bob took this one down with his trusty chain saw.
Don't know why this tree is still standing as it leans over our neighbor's fence. I think it is waiting for the next big wind.......unless someone takes it down first.
2 comments:
Just think, Bob can grin on contemplating all of the work needed to cut these trees up into firewood. Does the moss really grow on the north side? Looks like it's on all sides on those downed trees. Glad you didn't blow away. Oh, yes, and congratulations on putting a post. Sibling pressure works - eventually. ;-)
Is this called firewood on demand? Am thankful you are both safe.
Post a Comment