Big family dinner plans faded quickly when Shannon woke at 1 AM Sunday morning with a high fever and aches and pains. The flu had struck. She and Grace had arrived late Sat night.
We cancelled Easter dinner. I went to my early morning meeting and while Bob went to church. I came home and tended to the sick and her child.
After church, we had to do something for Grace. Coloring eggs did the trick.
It was raining hard outside so we agreed to hide the eggs in the living room, just as we had done when her mom was little.
Sorry that Shannon was sick. And sorry that the rest of the family missed due to our quarantine. But Grace did her best to make it fun for us!
2 comments:
Grace is a good sport & probably liked having you all to herself. Wait until next year!
I'm sorry about the flu and the change in plans. However, just as you always have, you made the best of the situation.
Post a Comment