Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chinese Checkers in Leavenworth

Chinese Checkers is a game staple of long standing.  When the kids were home, we frequently challenged each other to a hotly contested game where one single wrong move cost the opponent the game. (That would usually be me.)  We were delighted to find the game among the choices at the farm house.
Shannon took me on.
Then Joel wanted to know what was so interesting.
He liked what he found and his interest sparked.
Grace decided to join us at the table. 
Shannon and I had been replaced.  Some day these two will play with the same fierce competition.
Chinese Checkers is hard work and Grace is worn out.
Game anyone?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a good thing to do on a wintry day. Does your set open up so that the marbles are stored inside like our old one at Penrose did? Just rattling those marbles around was half the fun.

Anonymous said...

And borrowing the marbles to play real marble games. Then losing some and having to play the checkers game with odd pieces.

Louise Blood said...

Does that bring back memories. I loved that game. I even used to play "against" myself, to see what fun patterns and paths I could make across.

Louise Blood said...

P. S. I loved the progression pictures of your game. What fun.