Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Greetings from Afghanistan


Ross just sent this to me this morning...can hardly believe this is him! Before he left home, he said that he would have to carry his weapons EVERYWHERE...it looks heavy and cumbersome, but I am glad he has some way to protect himself. His email was upbeat and positive, which raised my spirits quite a bit. He says that he is keeping busy, doing great, and looking forward to packages from home. Let's all keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And just think how many thousands more there are just like him. Bless them all.

Anonymous said...

I enlarged this picture to see the detail in the "shelters".

Elizabeth said...

Will do the same. It doesn't look very hospitable, does it?

Ann said...

I appreciate the sharing of the Ross sightings. The incredible people who have been willing to do what Ross is doing are in our thoughts and prayers. Love the condo looking lodgings - luxury at its best!

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of our war hero. Oh, how we miss our brother.