Friday, June 12, 2009

A Rose by any Other Name

This flower has one of the worst names, EVER, Spiderwort and yet I love it. My camera isn't as fancy as Kemp's or Uncle Dwight's, so you can't see how deep purple the flowers are, but it makes a very striking contrast on the chartreuse green leaves. (That's Jacob's Ladder in the background, another flower I love. Mom has one still in it's nursery pot, dieing to be saved, for the last couple of years. Set it free Mom!) It blooms over & over into fall. Anyone want a start?

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You can call it by it's fancier name, which I think is transcandentia or some such. ;=)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip Aunt Liz, I like that MUCH better!

Anonymous said...

I thought the slugs really like this plant. Yours looks so healthy. What is your secret. I promise to get Jacob's Ladder out of the pot and into the ground!

Ann said...

Hmmm, that looks like something that I should add - somewhere. Pretty flower and perfect picture.

Elizabeth said...

I think I misspelled - it's tradescantia?????

Anonymous said...

Slug bait every week and a walk through the garden every morning with clippers keep my slugs down.