Monday, May 11, 2009
Happy Birthday to the Old Man of the Mtns!
Happy 76th Birthday, Pop! You are a fantastic example to all of what a father and a man should be. You've been a constant rock of silent strength to me and I want you to know how much I love you. You are why I watch hangliders as long as I can when they happen to be in the sky, why I try to identify the different Evergreens in the woods, why I take interest in Hawks, Eagles, etc., why I like old cars, and why I love the mountains so much. You always took the time to point out these things out to me. You are definitely the reason why I am very clear in giving directions-boy, do I know my North, South, East, & West! I think I can blame you for the reason why I need things to be symmetrical in my surroundings. If only I had some of your math skills! Thank heavens someone in this family shares my passions for John Grisham and going to the garbage dump.
You may not have been able to see and do everything on your life's list, Dad, but you've been everything that your children have needed! I love you, and Happy Birthday.
Love, Shannon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
And happy birthday from Preston on the day after. Our love to you!
Happy Birthday, Dad! Along with everything Shannon mentioned, I have also admired your ability to evaluate a need or problem (car, climbing bars, house, garden, well, "House Talk" boxes, drain field, or whatever) and just dive in to work on a solution. And when you do, there's nothing half-way about it! You're a great example to all of us on how to deal with life. We sure love you, Dad!
What can I say? I'v got SUCH great kids. Must have the greatest helper possible. Shannon, what a beautiful and wonderful daughter you are. Both my girls are and what great boys too. How can I be so lucky. You give me too much credit. All I can say is thank you and there sure is an improvment on this "old" original. Love you so much Shannon.
Post a Comment