
When we lived in Virginia and Brooke was 3 or 4, we went to the big Mall in Tyson's Corner, in McLean VA. I think Shannon might remember how large it was. I tried to get her to sit on Santa's lap, of whom she was terrified of. When I tried to explain to her who and what he was, she explained back to me that he wasn't the "Present Man". The "Present Man" wore brown and drove a brown truck. Mom, bless her heart, was always trying to send Brooke little somethings so she wouldn't forget her Grandma. I don't know what I would have done without Johnnie's Pork&Chicken seasonings and the big tubs of Red Vines. My home sickness would have been complete. The moral: Grandma & Grandpa are better than Santa Claus any day of the week.
3 comments:
I don't remember sending very much, and of course now I wish that I had sent more. But I do remember that we were all putting our hopes, love and good wishes into every box and every envelope. Can you believe that we were still paying for long distant phone calls by the minute? And there was no email, or family blog?
But what Joleen wrote made me want to have a "do-over". With more, not less........
I LOVE it when the UPS truck comes down the lane...until David sees it too.
Is there something you are not telling your husband?
Post a Comment