Saturday, September 6, 2008

Grace Gala-1st Day of School


And here is my baby, on her first day of Kindergarten. Notice the twisted foot & the pained look on her face...we told her if she didn't go to school, the police would haul her Dad & I to separate jails far away, all of our animals would have to go to the pound, and she would have to go live with Grandpa & Grandma. She asked how often Grandma would take her to see us...not a good sign! When the big moment came, she had a few tears (as well as David & I), but off she went. The block around the school is about 1.25 miles, so the first day, David & I walked for a while, and then spied on her during recess. Miraculously, she was still alive, and even having a fun! She has made a couple of friends, but hasn't figured out their names yet.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see everyone survived. What a wonderful day for everyone, when they take the next positive step in their personal growth. Good Luck in school Grace! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

This day does mark the beginning of greater independence. While we rejoice, we also look back to the brief little child and wonder where she has gone.
Grace, we are so happy that you have joined the wonderful world of school and learning. You did it!!!!

Anonymous said...

She just CAN'T be old enough!Wo, what a cute little kinder. Watch out world. Here she comes.